Thursday, April 8, 2010

SO I LIED GET OVER IT



I said last time I wouldn't post any OF myself for a while but I got an email from an old friend CONTAINING A VINTAGE FUCKING POPTPOP OF YOURS TRULY AND HERS TRULY.

This was sent in by my old school buddy Liz and its a new category of POPtPOP'in. I briefly proposed the name INIFINIPOP™ but I think we'd need another mirror in the shot. So this one is SORT of a Versus™, but its also of herself. Self-vs-self, in a way.

I think the new term is MetaPop™! MEEEEETTAAAAPOP (i say mehta-pop, but you can say meatah-pop if you WANT TO)

Here is what Liz had to say about the image:

So I was going through photographs the other day while cleaning out the office and I found (this) (... below, obviously). And I remembered your thing about pictures of people taking...... so I wondered...
Does it count if it's self-reflective? ( and does it count if you are in the picture?) (and if it is self-reflective-as in literally- does that make it an infinite poptpop?)
Anyway, this was a classic. Love the shirts.


And I have to say: This was at a hotel in Birmingham when she came to see me (from knoxville) when I was in college. The shirt I am wearing is from the Sturgis bike rally my dad took me to in 1998, though neither of us really rode at that point.


I ALSO have to say: i promise, the next poptop is AWESOME. in fact, IT IS MY FAVORITE OF ALL OF TIME.

Brace yourself, grab some Depends®, and hold on.




ps POLTAPOLAM!

pps yes thats really me.

3 comments:

rob c said...

this warms the heart- not unlike heartburn, but more pleasant.

Tamara said...

love it!!

i want the metapop icon to be poptpopcat.

Luke said...

As soon as I saw the picture I thought "METAPOPTPOP!" And then I read the post. ha