Friday, November 7, 2008

The Original!

SO I PRESENT TO YOU!

The original shot from many years ago taken by my good friend John Yam (seen many times on electric lion, and maybe once so far on here..more to come..don't fret).

This shot, to me, is just so epic. The man taking the shot's posture is one of the best things I've ever seen.

John was in Washington DC across from the National Gallery (I think) and saw this nonsense.


©John Yam

This image stuck with me for years and it was only this year that I realized that I have been taking shots of the same kind of subject ever since then (and decided to make a blog about it).

Who out there has a POPTPOP to share? Have a Double? A triple? THE ILLUSIVE QUADRUPLE?

Send it my way!

Send in your PopTpoP's with a little background info and it may well end up here!

GET INVOLVED! SEND THEM IN!

2 comments:

mteph said...

this really sets the standard.

Jarrod said...

I was trying to figure out why would you need to adopt this posture to take a picture of someone and came up with the following options.

1. It's windy.
2. He's trying to make the washington monument visually unicornize the subject?
3. Shin splint stretches
4. The stairs are running 45 deg downhill.